Note: Product traits is only available on the Standard plan & higher
Traditional reviews ask for stars & text. Product traits allow your reviews to become more dynamic with questions specific to the product a customer is reviewing. Traits don't make sense for everyone, some brands perform better with the no frills approach of text & stars. It's totally up to you!
If you choose to implement traits, this will help you get them setup. First, you need to understand `product level traits` and `category level traits`.
• Product level traits are set on a product level & apply to only that specific product.
• Category level traits are set on a category level & automatically apply to all products within that category.
Note: if you're using product groups, please read that doc for the implications on product traits as well
Now that you understand product level vs category level traits, there's one last piece you need to understand. That is that traits are immutable properties. This is a fancy way of saying they can't be changed. To understand why not, take a look at the example above. If the merchant were to edit "fit" to something like "comfort", none of the previous responses would make sense.
Instead, when you're finished with a trait you simple disable it. We'll keep track of all your data in case you want to use it down the line.
So how do you actually set them up?!
1. Navigate to products
2. Click on the product you would like to add a trait to
3. Scroll down to enter the name as well as the left, centre & right labels
3 cont... as you'll note in this example, not all the labels are mandatory. Only use them if they're helpful.
4. Be 100% sure in the trait (spelling, labels etc), remember you cannot edit this later, then hit add trait
The process for setting up category level traits is the same, but instead of navigating to `all products` you need to navigate to the categories section of products, then select a category.
Excited to see your traits 👨🏼💻